It’s still too cold in the Northeast. I hate in. I’m in denial that it’s not feeling like spring.
Hence the smoothie bowl consumption, even though I have to be under a blanket to enjoy it.
I’ve been avoiding bananas recently – they seem to have an iffy relationship with my stomach (although cooked bananas seem to be fine – check out my paleo banana bread recipe!). So I’ve been trying to find other combinations for smoothies that don’t involve bananas and this has been a go-to for a few weeks for me. Delicious, just sweet enough, refreshing, and nut-buttery.
Ingredients and instructions
- Equal amounts of frozen blueberries and cauliflower (you can steam and freeze the cauliflower if raw gives you some digestive distress, but it doesn’t bother me)
- Vanilla hemp protein (or protein of choice)
- Vanilla almond milk to blend
- Spoonful of almond butter
- Toppings: coconut flakes, granola (I used Lark Ellen Farms Cacao Cherry Grain Free Granola), chocolate chips, nuts/seeds, more almond butter
Blend it all up – I like the consistency a bit thicker than I would in a drinking smoothie. If you don’t have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, you might need to stir things around in the blender in order to get everything blended while still having a thicker consistency. Pour in a bowl and top with whatever you like – in aesthetically pleasing lines, of course. Instagram and enjoy!